If you are wondering why is Magento slow, here is a quick breakdown of the problem. Magento is an eCommerce platform based on PHP and MySQL database structure.
When you create a store, you will be able to insert different types of data into your store. But when executing those commands, some information will be lost and will take much time to come back. If you follow some of the tips below, you will be able to increase the performance of your Magento site.
1. When you start the Magento server, there are certain commands that will be executed in the startup. One of these commands is ttfb. By default, all the stored data will be passed to ttfb command. You can increase Magento performance optimization by disabling this command in your startup configuration.
2. If you use a theme for Magento, make sure it has fewer images. A single image can add several kilobytes to your server response time. You need to configure your theme to have fewer images. This is important especially when you use Magento themes with complex themes. The more images are in a complex theme, the larger the overhead becomes. This overhead can become a big issue and affect your Magento site’s response time.
3. You may also tweak your own theme and place various files on multiple paths. For example, if you use a theme with template and have several image resources, you need to create new directories for them and place them at specific paths. By doing so, Magento 2 will not have difficulty in locating these files and will make your site fast.
4. When you are using Magento themes, you must ensure that you have used correct URL standards. URL standards ensure that your Magento theme will be rendered properly across multiple browsers and servers. If you have applied the latest updates or customizations to your themes, and your Magento site is not responding properly, then it is a signal of Magento caching issues. To see if your updates and customizations have worked, open your Magento console and hit the global settings. It is one of the easiest ways to troubleshoot Magento
5. There is another common issue wherein Magento is having problems starting up. Magento starts up slower because of incorrect variables settings. One way to resolve this issue is to update your composer version and restart your server. However, if you are not yet using composer version 5, then you need to follow the following command in your Magento root directory to start composer installation: bin/php composer install –no-installed-dependencies.
If you want to improve Magento performance optimization for faster and better browsing, then you need to resolve the above mentioned problems. There are two solutions for this.
1. First is the “angular-minor-version” prefixed codes and second are to switch to cache-control directive. For angular-minor-version users, you can use the new commands like include ‘angular-minor-version’ inside your template. For non-angular/5.x users, you can use the commands add cache-control directive
and set ‘angular-minor-version’
2.In both cases, the only difference is that now you will be using Magento version where you need to specify the directive instead of the commands. For Magento users who have not enabled the feature, the instructions will be mentioned at the bottom of the configuration. If you are still not sure about Magento caching and optimization, you can always avail the professional help from experienced developers.
3.Magento is slow in loading large theme files. When you choose magento with large theme system, it takes longer time to load the theme. To remedy this problem, the first thing you need to do is to increase the font size in your website.
4.When you are using Magento with e-commerce platforms, you will get lots of errors. The largest error, you will face here is regarding template tags. Most of the users do not know the use of template tags. They think that they should be used to display some information, but they actually serve a purpose. By default, Magento allows template tags with the empty string value.
5.Magento is slow when it comes to mobile friendly features. Even if you have a large community on your e-commerce platforms, there are chances that the users do not access the products or the services from the browser. This is because most of the people use mobile phones to access any kind of information on the Internet. So, Magento must support friendly mobile browsing as well.
All these issues can easily be solved by consulting a professional developer. You will be able to find all the resources available on the internet. The developers working for Magento development company has been in this business for many years. Most of them have to solve several problems related to Magento and they are experienced enough to fix all the slow performance issues as well. Thus, it will be a good idea to consult a professional developer for improving the functionality of your Magento site.